How do I get my home ready to sell?
Are you ready to sell your home?
Do you want it to sell fast?
Luckily, there are some really easy steps you can take before putting your home on the market which will maximize your chances of receiving a good solid offer from a buyer. From deep cleaning and repainting to decluttering and depersonalizing, listed below are a few things to do before you list your home.
How do I get my House Ready to Sell?
Good question and we have some of the best ways to do it below.
8 WAYS TO GET YOUR HOME READY TO SELL
- 1.) Look into your local housing market First and foremost, check on the value of your home. You can review our website floridaliferealestate.com to get an idea. Look at comparable analysis in your area to figure out the appropriate listing price for your home. Pay attention to the comps’ square footage, features and location.
- 2.) Deep Clean and make it shine First impressions are always the best. It is best that we emphasize this, don’t let smells, dirty floors or dusty surfaces make a bad impression on a potential buyer. Before even listing your home (and through out the whole selling process), give your home an initial deep clean. It is imperative to have the home look like a Mr. Clean commercial.
- 3.) Buy more light bulbs Here is an idea, light bulb. Stock up on light bulbs. When showing your house to potential buyers, all lights and lamps will need to be turned on to give a warm brightness to the house.
- 4.) Paint the walls Now is the best time to re-paint your home. Stick to whites, light grays, light beiges, and “light” wall colors. These colors will help make your home appear bigger, brighter and more welcoming.
- 5.) Take out the clutter – less is more Organizing and decluttering the home goes a long way in appealing to potential buyers. When a house is clutter-free, buyers are able to focus on the actual home instead of on the clutter, random things and overflowing closets. Make the inside of the home appealing to the senses.
- 6.) Stage your home According to multiple studies, staging a home really can help it sell faster and perhaps for more. Fortunately, staging your home’s interior is easy and affordable. We also offer virtual staging for the inside of your home. But don’t forget to also spruce up your home’s appeal when staging the home outside. After all, the outside of the home is the first impression potential buyers will see when they arrive for a showing. Make sure that the grass is cut, the yard is landscaped and the lights are on. It is also a good idea to consider adding a fresh coat of paint to the outside walls.
- 7.) Rent a storage unit or pod Selling a home successfully will involve decluttering and removing of your belongings. Having a self-storage unit or pod nearby will give you somewhere to temporarily keep all of your stuff when staging and showing the home.
- 8.) Depersonalize your home When listing a home, you want to create the perfect balance between depersonalization and creating a warm, welcoming home. By this we mean putting away framed photos, bulletin boards and personal items (example: photos, magazines, animal beds, toys, awards, etc) throughout the home. You are welcomed to leave a few nice, framed photos around the house to make the home appeal inviting and lived in.
Ready to move?
So you’ve followed the steps and you are ready to put up your home. Congrats! Now it’s time to start planning your next move. Let us make it easy and convenient for you, your family and the whole community. To find a reliable and trustworthy buyer or seller specialist please take a moment to look over our 5 star zillow and google reviews to help make the right choice. Best of luck and happy moving!